A surprisingly nice scone

 












A lazy Sunday, so time for a walk in the countryside and a trip to Moors Valley was arranged.

Actually I'm quite a keen photographer so the real reason was to catch the end of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition. Some truly wonderful and startling photos.

We then in spite of my best efforts needed to go for a walk. Still I managed to take some nice shots.

Still after that energy sapping walk (at least 25 minutes including bench time) a hearty tea was required.

We retired to the restaurant and queued up for the cream tea. I was prepared for something OK and hoped that my munching would drown out the sound of screaming kids (fair enough it was Sunday afternoon). What arrived however was an enormous, but very light and tasty scone and more importantly enough clotted cream and jam to enjoy it. Washed down with several cups of tea.

Can't comment on the other items, but the cakes and what I could see on the other tables looked good.

Planing to come back for a cycle ride or the challenging 45 min walk! So we shall see.


Horton Road
Ashley Heath Nr Ringwood
Dorset
BH24 2ET

Popular Posts