Munching a Larmer Tree

 













Yummy food to be had at the Larmer Tree Festival 2009. Possibly the most middle-class festival in the world! Are you ready to rock? Yes if we have our Pimms, which they were serving on draft!

Although I mock slightly it is a really lovely festival and somewhere the whole family can feel relaxed and enjoy themselves. Also to be honest I was very happy to go to a festival where there was a short journey to get there and I could get home for a hot shower not too late at night. Who says I'm getting old!

Anyway I got to drink cold draught Stowford Press Cider so I was more than happy.

It was pouring down most of the day so I didn't get to try as many goodies as I would like. The general standard seemed high and I ended up having a chicken pie with a lovely hint of tarragon, which was served with mash and gravy. Hardly summer food but while sniffling in the rain it couldn't have been better. My other half had a goan fish curry which she was very impressed by.

There were some really lovely touches in the themed eating areas for example Moroccan or the coffee tent which was very chilled.

Very chilled could really sum up the whole festival and although we only went for the day and in spite of the rain I got to see one of my favourites "The Penguin Cafe Orchestra"

Details of this years festival and links for next year can be found here.

Popular Posts