BBQ Time!


Its that time of the year and with current "unreliable" weather forecasts, I treat everyday that's sunny as a BBQ day. Since I bought my Weber BBQ I have really got into the joys of outdoor cooking at the Weber allows you to both roast and grill.

I would also recommend the Weber® Chimney Starter which speeds up making coals and uses one tiny firelighter. It goes without saying that charcoal is best, gas just doesn't give you the same flavour.

Anyway forget the usual sausages and burgers and be creative with your BBQ. I went for a Greek theme with lamb chops, slices of aubergine spiced with cumin, chilli flakes and coriander.

 Not forgetting halloumi grilled till they are slightly crispy on the outside and yummy and chewy in the middle.




The great thing about barbecuing is you can create great flavour by adding herbs directly on to the coals. I put fresh mint and rosemary, but try anything you want the smell while it is cooking is worth the experience alone.

This was served with a rice salad with tomatoes and red onion, with a simple lemon juice and olive oil dressing. Chuck in some fresh basil and mint and you have a delicious but easy salad.

Popular Posts