Return to the courtyard tea rooms


The Courtyard Tea Rooms are a lovely spot. A little oasis of tranquillity just off the old High Street in Poole. Tracy the owner is always very welcoming. On this visit she was telling me she was about to head off to the UK’s only tea plantation in Cornwall. Micro climate or global warming! I’m not sure but shortly after there was something about it on telly.

Anyway back to the tea room. We had some really nice food for lunch. I had a Salade Savoyarde, which is a dressed, mixed green salad, with lardons, walnuts and grated Emmental cheese.

 

My better half had egg Egg Mayonnaise which the according to the menu was a locally sourced egg  and was served on a bed of seasonal green salad, with crusty bread.

The food was great but the real revelation was the Apple & Rhubarb Juice. Which was both sweet and savoury at the same time. I genuinely felt it subtleties were akin to a good wine and I am not surprised it was a Gold Winner of the Great Taste Awards 2007. This juice along with others is made by Chegworth Valley Juices. 


Ok its not in Dorset but I used to live in Kent and now live in Dorset so that is close enough :)  

Map to the to the tea rooms. Watch out for the blue door almost at the end of the old high street. Its easy to miss!

Popular Posts