Great food - Le Petit Prince Patisserie Westbourne


 You are unlikely to go hungry for lack of a coffee or a sandwich in Poole or Bournemouth. So what separates the good ones from the competition?

Simple quality ingredients, friendly service and good atmosphere.

There have been quite a few openings recently, most noticeably Mark Bennett at Penn Hill and Lilliput. A review on Mark Bennett coming shortly now that I have been to both branches. 

So cutting to the chase Le Petit Prince Patisserie in Westbourne is my current favourite. Its quite a small shop with a few tables and a bakery out the back so everything is made fresh on the premises.

My understanding is this was originally a bakery so its great to see traditions being maintained.


Enough chatter, so how does everything taste? Firstly the coffee, I had a cappuccino and for Mel a latte. The coffee had a good strength and flavour. One of their suppliers is The Red Roaster, another of my favourites independent coffee joints.

To eat we both had The toasted sandwich was

It was so good that I had to try one of their delicious looking cakes and so I opted for the carrot cake. I reckon if you can do a good carrot cake then I'm sure everything else will be good. It was great really moist. The cream cheese frosting was excellent and not too sweet which and apologies for the pun really was the icing on the cake.

Lastly I really like the decor. The whole place has a stylish but relaxed and easy feel.

I wanted to try their bread rolls and even though not hungry took one for the road again really good.


I haven't made it in time for their croissants or other breakfasts bread but if they have got that nailed then my provisional 5 stars will be confirmed.

48b Poole Road, Westbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH4 9DZ

Telephone: 01202 989 874

Popular Posts