Local Goodies

You dont have to shop at supermarkets. These four beauties were bought at the fruit and veg stall in Poole high street. Four for a pound! Shop local to buy fresh and save money!

Another great pub lunch from The Crown Pub in Poole. The batter is really light and crispy which just makes fish and chips, to say nothing of the huge piece of fish. Not forgetting home made proper chips. I enquired and the beer batter is from Ringwood bitter. Delicious!













My only criticism is nothing to do the with pub, but the fish was cod, which I just think is an overrated fish. Given the choice I would rather have haddock which for me has so much more flavour. I will ask them if they have haddock next time.

Last but not least I had been meaning try Diva, a new Italian ice cream parlour (just off the Poole quayside) for ages and it was well worth it. Very yummy and the The ice cream is made by the Giggi Gelateria in Bournemouth. This is an article from the Poole Echo. They also have a range of pasta at reasonable prices, so I will let you know.                                                            

Popular Posts