Lunch at John Lewis in Poole

 









I was pleased to hear the first “John Lewis at Home” had opened in Poole. The thing I like most about John Lewis is they are consistent and reliable. Good quality products, good design and very good customer service. Ok, that should be enough for my free vouchers ;)

Anyway this is a food blog so back to the cafe in the new store. I has hoping to have a good sandwich, coffee and if I was feeling greedy (which I usually am) a decent a slice of cake.

I wasn't disappointed and had a Waitrose standard tuna and sweet corn sandwich. To drink, a cappuccino with a genuine bite to the coffee (not milky coffee slops that passes at so many eateries).
Finally I wanted a glass of tap water with my meal and knowing John Lewis I didn't think that would be an issue. Being John Lewis they had thought ahead and had chilled and probably filtered water and really nicely designed glasses to drink from.




Lastly they are selling Honeybuns products, which I have mentioned in previous blogs and which have featured at the recent food fairs in Dorset. I was tempted because they are so good to eat irrespective of being gluten free, however the lady ahead of me went for a freshly sliced piece of coffee and walnut cake. Yes I couldn't resist and it was delicious well done John Lewis, a genuinely great British institution.

Map picture

John Lewis at home
Poole Retail Park
Poole
Dorset
BH12 1DN

Popular Posts